MarkMail (the "Service") is a mailing list archive and search service offered by Mark Logic Corporation ("Mark Logic" or "We"). Much of the content archived and searched by MarkMail is not owned or controlled by MarkMail or Mark Logic, and is the responsibility of the person or people who posted that content (the "Poster") into the mailing list or forum in which it is archived.
We have a profound respect for the Poster's ownership of and responsibility for the content they chose to post. We share with others the belief that censoring this content is contrary both to the goals of our Service and to the goals of a community that bases itself on freedom of expression.
With this in mind, We seek to shape a Content Policy that balances the responsibilities of the Poster with our desire to deliver you a Service that you will find safe and useful and that is lawful.
Content Marked X-No-Archive
MarkMail supports use of the X-No-Archive header. In most cases, MarkMail will not include messages marked with the X-No-Archive header in search results. In certain cases, where the X-No-Archive header appears to have been set by accident, We may, in our sole discretion, choose to ignore the header and include such messages in the searchable portion of the archive. It may seem obvious, but the surest way to avoid having a message archived is not to post it to a public mailing list in the first place.
We may, at our sole discretion, tag and/or remove content from the archive that we judge to be not in the best interests of the Service. Such content may fall into one or more of a number of categories, including:
- Spam or other Advertising
- Pornographic, Violent or Hateful content
- Personal, Private and Confidential Information
- Viruses, Malware, etc.
- Attempts to perpetrate Fraud
- Other unlawful content
Our tagging and/or removing any such piece of content is not, and does not make, a commitment to tag and/or remove all such pieces of content.
Furthermore, We may, at our sole discretion, provide safeguards that prevents content that falls into any of the above categories, or any other such category as We may, in our sole discretion, identify from time to time, from appearing in search results. However, You agree not to rely on our providing such safeguards, nor to rely on such safeguards being effective, in whole or in part.
Should you find such content in the archive, you may provide us with notice of its existence by such mechanisms as we may provide. You agree that We have no obligation to take any kind of action as a result of your providing any such notice.
It is our policy to respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement. Copyright owners who believe that a posting archived in MarkMail contains infringing content may provide notice in compliance with the requirements of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) to one of the addresses below. For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information in your notice:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of the infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled as well as information reasonably sufficient to permit Mark Logic to locate the material
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed
If you choose to contact us via e-mail, do not include any attachments in your notice. For security reasons, e-mails containing attachments will be discarded unopened.
The above information should be submitted to the following address: MarkMail DMCA Compliance, c/o Mark Logic Corporation, 999 Skyway, Suite 200, San Carlos, CA 94070, or e-mail to:
Content Not Complete
MarkMail's archive may not be complete, and searches may consequently not include results that you would have expected to find.
Content may be missing from the archive for a number of reasons. It may have been removed from the archive because it was marked X-No-Archive, because it was inappropriate or because it was believed to have been infringing. In addition, content may not have been provided to us in the first place, or may have been lost in transmission or rejected for technical reasons during ingestion.
Usage and Personal Information
As you access and use the Service, We may record information about your usage, usage patterns and personal settings, whether that information is observed by us implicitly or provided to us explicitly. We use this information, both in discrete and aggregated form, to learn about how you and others use of the Service and to improve the Service, both for you and for others.